Search
Close this search box.

Other Milk Products

Other Milk Products

Casein

Casein is the major protein present in milk. Approximately 80% of the protein in milk is casein while whey proteins account for the remaining 20%.
Additional Resources

Caseinate

Acid or rennet casein are insoluble in water but they may be treated with alkali to make a caseinate which is soluble. The exact alkali used will determine the functional properties of the resulting caseinate.
Additional Resources

Co-Precipitate

Co-precipitates consist of casein and whey protein complexes. Heat is used to cause the whey proteins and casein to interact. Acid or calcium salts then are used to precipitate the protein complexes.
Additional Resources
x

Login

Please use your GlueUp credentials to log in and access exclusive content.



Don't you have an account? Register here. | Forgot Your Password